- 1 Facelift Cancun Plastic Surgery Procedure
Facelift Plastic Surgery Procedure
Facelift surgery or rhytidectomy is a surgical procedure that raises and firms the sagging facial tissues to restore a younger appearance, improves the visible signs of aging on the face and neck, such as:
- The relaxation of the skin of the face causing flaccidity
- Deepening of the fold lines between the nose and the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or disappeared
- Chills are created on the cheeks and jaw
- Loose skin, excess fat that may appear as a double chin or “turkey neck”
By removing excess, sagging skin, smoothing deep folds and lifting and tightening deep facial tissues, a facelift surgery can help a patient not only look younger, but simply “better.”
The loss of youth on the face can be due to a variety of factors, such as thinning of the skin, loss of facial fat, severity, sun damage, smoking, heredity and stress.
The procedure lifts the skin of the neck (neck of turkey) and the middle face (double chin). The incisions are placed behind the ear, inside the ear and in the hairline, therefore, after the healing process; No visible scars can be identified. Many people include blepharoplasty (removing excess skin from the eyes) at the same time to obtain a balanced, renewed and rejuvenated result.
How long does face lift surgery take
This procedure usually takes several hours, depending on the extent of the work that is performed. The average duration 2 ½ to 6.
Other procedures such as blepharoplasty are performed together which makes the procedure several hours more.
Type of Anesthesia
General anesthesia is the most commonly used for this procedure, although in some cases it can be performed with a local anesthesia and an oral sedation.
Why do a facelift ?
As we age, the skin, appearance and shape of the face change naturally, the skin loses elasticity and flexibility, the facial tissues lose volume and the fat deposits increase in some areas and decrease in others. This results in double chins , deep wrinkles and loose skin.
Even being a natural part of the aging process, patients who find these signs of aging annoying may find that cosmetic surgery may be a good option.
- If you describe something of the following you can consider a facelift option.
- Hide your aged neck with turtlenecks or scarves
- When you see your reflection, you feel that it makes you look older, angry, tired of what you feel
- you feel that your appearance is affecting your personal relationships and your career
Contact us to schedule your appointment and consultations with experts, At My Medical Vacations our patients are the priority, the awards, certificates, experience and testimonials of all our satisfied clients support us.
What are the Risks of Facelift Surgery?
The decision to undergo a plastic surgery is a completely personal decision and you have to bear the benefits to reach your goal and the risks and potential complications of a facelift surgery. Only you can make that decision.
You will have to sign the consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and the risks and possible complications.
The risks of facelift surgery, although rare, include:
- Anesthesia risk
- Poor wound healing and skin loss
- Injury to the facial nerve with weakness
- Temporary or permanent hair loss in the incisions
- Fluid Accumulation
- Numbness or other changes in the sensation of the skin
- Persistent pain
- Unfavorable healing
- prolonged swelling
- Irregularities and discolorations of the skin
- Sutures can emerge spontaneously through the skin, become visible or produce irritation that requires removal
- Unsatisfactory results may include: asymmetry, unsatisfactory location of surgical scars, and unacceptable visible deformities at the ends of the incisions (Additional surgery may be necessary to improve your results)
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
We strongly advise you ask your surgeon all the doubts and question you have about risks and possible complications in detail
Facelift Surgery Recovery Time
- Initial recovery time in the destination: 8 days
- Full recovery process: 3 months
- It is important to follow the surgeon´s recommendations and instructions to the letter to ensure a positive recovery and the best results possible.
For more information visit our blog where we talk more about the recovery of facelift.
Surgery Video Step by Step
Why Do It In Cancún ?
Cancun is rapidly becoming one of the most popular medical tourism and medical travel destinations in the world. This is mostly due to the quality in hospitals, surgical centers, dental clinics using modern medical technology. Moreover, Cancun is close from home and offers extraordinary all-inclusive beachfront hotels designed for every budget.
Why Do It With My Medical Vacations?
Our programs were specifically designed to address the international patient. We know what is needed to have a positive experience and to sum it up, we present our 7 most important features.
From the moment you make first contact, your case will be managed by one of our experienced and qualified MTC´s (Medical Tourism Consultant), who have more than 15 years of combined experience.
We have successfully assisted over 1500 foreign patients to complete their dreams and goals of health and aesthetic ! You will be communicating with reliable professionals who will guide you through
the entire process, always looking for your best interest and safety.
From your first inquiry to all of your subsequent doubts or questions, our highly experienced team of MTC’s (Medical Tourism Consultants) will provide you with the answers you need on an immediate basis.
Our MTC team has managed more than 1500 cases of international patients in the area of Cosmetic Surgery alone! Their perspective along with all of our surgeon´s recommendations will make you feel at ease. We promise!
Our team will assist you with booking and organizing every little detail to ensure the perfect Medical Vacation.
We remind you that all of our packages include:
- Private airport transfers.
- All ground transfers (Hospital, Hotel, Appointments)
- Personal Bilingual Assistance
- Translation services
- City Guidance
- Medical Appointments
- And more…
Our concept is simple: Only work with the best.
All of the surgeons and specialized physicians MUST meet our criteria to be part of our network.
It is not ONLY about experience, training and credentials; we promote surgeons that KNOW how to treat the international patient with impeccable records and fully bilingual of course.
We have no obligation to promote any specific surgeon whatsoever. We CHOOSE the best.. for you!
All of our packages also include the most complete follow up program available. Our multidiscipline staff includes: Specialized Registered Nurses (You will absolutely love them), certified Patient concierge (They will make everything easier for you) and more.
After being released from the hospital, our team will take over, providing and assisting you every step of the way.
You will never feel alone… if anything you will feel like part of the family!
Our service doesn’t stop after our airport farewell! Our medical tourism consultant team will keep close communication, informing your surgeon about your progress and of course answering any doubt or question you may have at this stage and until you are completely recuperated and back to your normal life.