The prevalence of Multiple Sclerosis has been increased over the last two decades, to date, almost 7% of the USA population is struggling with the mild to severe symptoms of MS – That’s alarming! Since the disorder causes the impairment of the brain and spinal cord, damages the signal transduction, and harms nearly all bodily functions it’s not easy to treat the disorder. However, the disease comes up with a variety of symptoms that are far easy to address and treat.
In this disorder, the immune system of the body gets the wrong signals and starts damaging the myelin sheath of the nerves cells. That results in slow signaling transduction, impaired or no response from the body, poor posturing, difficulty in perceiving, not being able to walk straight, and several others. If the symptoms are not addressed timely, they can get worse over time and may result in an unexpected chronic condition.
One of the most recommended and widely practiced treatments for Multiple Sclerosis, around the globe, is “Ocrevus Treatment”.
What is Treatment?
Doctors in Cancun will prescribe you to go for Ocrevus treatment for Multiple Sclerosis. It is a prescription drug. Ocrevus comes in vials, patients are given the doses in the liquid form through Intravenous Infusion. Unlike generic drugs, it is not manufactured in the biosimilar form but it is made from the parts of the living thing. It contains a drug, which serves as the biologic medication, called “Ocrelizumab”. It is an ideal Immunosuppressant Drug.
How does Work?
Ocrevus medication is given to the patient that works in the immune system. Medicines help to remove B-cells that contribute to harm the nerve cells. When the targeted immune cells are removed from the entire system, inflammation is reduced and the body gets relief with several symptoms. Several medical trials have confirmed the reduction of relapse in the patient suffering from MS. The treatment shows an 80% positive response against Relapse-Remitting MS while it is also beneficial against Progressive Multiple Sclerosis to the great extent.
What things to consider before Ocrevus Treatment?
- You have other medical conditions, talk to your doctor before treatment.
- If you are taking certain medications for certain medical problems or even if for Multiple Sclerosis, tell your doctor about them.
- Before treatment, make sure to have complete all of your vaccinations, and ask a doctor what important vaccines are further required.
- If you are struggling with active infection, wait till it is completely treated because once the Ocrevus treatment begins you will no longer be able to fight active infections.
- You are allergic to the drug Ocrevus or any of its components, doctors will not prescribe the treatment.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeed, then avoid the treatment.
What is the Cost of Ocrevus treatment?
It’s very expensive, 300mg/10ml costs $17000 and in the USA, it costs $25000. It annually costs $65000- $70000. Many people around the world are unable to pay the huge sum for their treatment, unfortunately, hence Mexico, for them is bringing affordable opportunity. The cost for Ocrevus treatment in Mexico is 50% less than that in the USA. People cross borders to obtain the treatment for easy sum.